A shorter version of our popular Viking tour the Express day-tour offers experienced riders a unique opportunity to see the versatility of the Icelandic horse in breathtaking nature. Join our trained guides for an exciting ride at Heiðmörk nature park. Riding time is 2 1/2 hours.
16600 per pers.
Horseback riding tour for experienced riders!
Experience the versatility of the Icelandic horse and go straight into exploring the Reykjanes preservation area from our stables in Hafnarfjörður. We ride into the gorgeous Heiðmörk nature park with fellow travelers from the Viking Tour and our trained guides.
Please note that this tour is for strong intermediate riders that are comfortable and in control of the horse at all paces. The choice of route is dependent on both season and weather and is subject to change to ensure a fun experience for everyone.
At Íshestar we take pride in our personal service and limit group sizes to be 20 or below per riding group to ensure a safe and enjoyable tour for all of our guests. We look forward to showing you the Icelandic horse in it ́s natural surroundings!
Riding skills: This tour is recommended for strong intermediate riders. You should be comfortable and in control at all paces, a firm seat, comfortable in the saddle for up to 7 hours.
Please note that the riding time is 2 ½ – 3 hours, a total of 5 hours with a transfer.
Duration3 hour Riding tour
DeparturesDaily at 13:00
NotePick up starts at 11:30. Pick up from all pick up points in Reykjavik.
What is included
- Riding helmets, rubber boots, and rainwear/warm outfit during the ride.
- Trained guides who speak multiple languages (English, Scandinavian and German).
- Please note that it is not allowed to ride with backpacks or bags but Íshestar provides complimentary safety boxes at the stables for valuables.
- The age limit to ride on this tour is 12 years old. Children 14 years or older need written parental permission to ride alone.
- The weight limit for all our tours is 110 kg/240 lbs.
- If you are arriving in your own car, please be at our stable 30 minutes before departure.
- Please note that the riding tour is 3 hours and with a transfer, it is a total of 5 hours.
Riding gear (riding trousers, jackets, hats, etc.) needs to be washed (40°C), dry cleaned or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather gear, gloves, and riding boots may not be brought into the country. Disinfecting of riding equipment
- Day by day itinerary
- Useful information
Testimonials from happy riders
Wow. Just perfect horse riding trip in a beautiful area of Iceland. The staff are so charming and very anxious to give you a great tour on the saddle. And the horses… Love at first sight… ❤ My warmest recommendations and we’ll be back!!!