This 1 hours riding tour is ideal for beginners who want to enjoy unspoiled nature while riding the amazing Icelandic horse.
10900 per pers.
ENJOY THE ICELANDIC NATURE IN A COMFORTABLE HORSE RIDING TOUR!
This horse riding day tour is ideal for beginners who want to enjoy unspoiled nature while riding the amazing Icelandic horse. Our guides lead you at a slow and steady pace on excellent riding paths surrounded by moss-covered lava fields and beautiful scenery allowing you to fully enjoy both the unique Icelandic horse and our incredible nature. Be sure to take a moment to enjoy Bláfjöll mountains on the horizon during the tour!
When we arrive back at the stables enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and feel free to ask our staff any questions about the Icelandic horse. At Íshestar we take pride in our personal service and limit group sizes to be 20 or below per riding group to ensure a safe and enjoyable tour for all of our guests. This tour is ideal for beginners and is a fantastic choice for a day tour in Reykjavík.
DeparturesDaily at 13:00
NotePick up for departure at 13:00 is at 11:30. Pick up from all pick up points in Reykjavik.
What is included
- Riding helmets, rubber boots, and rainwear/warm outfit during the ride.
- Trained guides who speak multiple languages (English, Scandinavian and German).
- Please note that it is not allowed to ride with backpacks or bags but Íshestar provides complimentary safety boxes at the stables for valuables.
- The age limit to ride on this tour is 8 years old. Children 14 years or older need written parental permission to ride alone.
- The weight limit for all our tours is 110 kg/240 lbs.
- If you are arriving in your own car, please be at our stable 30 minutes before departure.
- If you prefer a faster pace than walk we recommend our LAVA TOUR or other options.
- Please note that the riding tour is 1 hour and with a transfer, it is a total of 3 hours.
Riding gear (riding trousers, jackets, hats, etc.) needs to be washed (40°C), dry cleaned or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather gear, gloves, and riding boots may not be brought into the country. Disinfecting of riding equipment
- Day by day itinerary
- Useful information
Testimonials from happy riders
I loved this tour!! I got picked up at my hotel and brought to the stable where I was briefed and equipped with riding gear and the most perfect Icelandic horse named Scripa. We then rode for about an hour (if I remember correctly). The journey was beautiful and the two riding instructors were so lovely. I highly recommend this to anyone!