Meet the Horse
Enjoy the friendly horses at our stables. Ideal for those who want to experience the magic of the Icelandic horse but do not fancy a riding tour. You learn some facts about the horse, pet the horse, see the gaits and take some pictures
5900 per pers.
Get to know the Icelandic horse
Would you like to come and visit our stables but unsure of how you feel about riding? Come and meet our horses! Learn about the unique history of the Icelandic horse that has been a big part of the nation’s heart ever since settlement.
You will get the chance to take part in our daily routine of grooming and caring for the horses. You will have plenty of time to interact with them and take some pictures. Afterward, those who feel up to it can give riding a try in our paddock.
Duration1-1,5 hour Stable visit
DeparturesDaily at 10:00
NotePick up for departure at 10:00 is at 09:00, Pick up from all pick up points in Reykjavik.
What is included
- For those who want to try the Icelandic horse, we provide riding helmets, rubber boots, and rainwear/warm outfit during the ride.
- Trained guides who speak multiple languages (English, Scandinavian and German).
- Please note that Íshestar provides complimentary safety boxes at the stables for valuables.
- If you are arriving in your own car, please be at our stable 15 minutes before departure.
- Please note that the riding tour is 1-1,5 hour and with a transfer, it is a total of 3,5 hours.
Riding gear (riding trousers, jackets, hats, etc.) needs to be washed (40°C), dry cleaned or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather gear, gloves, and riding boots may not be brought into the country. Disinfecting of riding equipment
- Day by day itinerary
- Useful information