Day tour - payment
Day tours can be booked at your hotel desk, through travel agencies, our website or by contacting Íshestar Riding Centre directly:
Phone: +354 555 7000 - between 8:00 – 22:00 hrs.
If you book the tour through the website the full amount is requested. Day tours can also be paid upon arrival at Íshestar Riding Centre.
Multi-day tours - payment
If you book multi-day tours through the website the full amount is requested.
If you book via e-mail or phone. You can pay 30% confirmation payment upon booking to be able to confirm a seat. After the confirmation payment has reached us the seat is secured. The remaining balance is due six weeks before the tour starts.
Phone: +354 555 7008 between 9:00 – 16:30 hrs.
Our cancellation terms for our tours are as follows:
- A cancellation made (by letter, fax or e-mail) with more than six weeks notice is subject to 10% of the tour price.
- A cancellation made (by letter, fax or e-mail) with less than six weeks but more than three weeks notice is subject to 30% of the tour price.
- A cancellation made with less than three weeks and more than one week notice is subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- A cancellation made with less than one weeks notice means that the full price will be collected.
If a tour is cancelled by Íshestar due to insufficient participation, such cancellation must be made with at least 4 weeks notice and Íshestar shall make every effort to provide similar alternative arrangements without additional cost to the buyer. Should the alternative not be to the buyer’s satisfaction a full refund will be made. Still we are proud to confirm that this has rarely happened since we started our operation in 1982.
Individual travel insurance is not included in the tour prices. We encourage clients to obtain relevant travel insurance before visiting Iceland.
- Children under 8 years of age cannot join our riding tours unless approved by our staff. Children under the age of 8 can only participate on tour no. 45.
- Due to possible damage to unborn children and the woman herself in case of an accident pregnant women are not permitted to join the riding tours. If the pregnant woman is an experienced rider and decides to participate in a multi-day riding tour, she is obliged to get her physician's approval. Íshestar is not responsible for possible damages that the unborn child might suffer. Please note that pregnant women are never allowed to participate in our daytours.
- People under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs are not permitted on the riding tours.
- All clients must participate in the riding tour by their own free will and they are obliged to inform the tour guide of any condition that might affect their ability to participate in the tour.
- If a group is divided during the ride parents must stay in the same group as their children (under 13 years of age or older if children cannot communicate in English or Icelandic).
- Backpacks or bags cannot be taken on the ride but valuables can be stored in safety boxes at the Riding Centre or with the rest of the luggage in the kitchen vehicle on our multi-day rides.
With your security in mind, we have done everything in our power to ensure that these trips will be enjoyable and safe, and we ask you to confirm the following when making your booking:
- I am taking this trip of my own free will.
- I consider myself completely able to take part in this trip.
- I have familiarized myself with the operator's instructions and safety rules and agree to follow them in every respect.
- I am aware that this trip/these trips can involve some danger.
- I have notified the tour guide of any illnesses that could affect my ability to take part in this trip (i.e. epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and the medication that I take for them.
- I am aware that the operator's liability extends only to accidents that derive from defects in or incorrect use of equipment by the company's employees and/or carelessness on their part. I myself bear all responsibility for damage caused by me due to my carelessness or failure to follow set/given/published instructions.
- I am liable for all personal property taken by me on this trip.
- I am not under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
Íshestar reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or timetables without prior notice, should the necessity arise. No liability is accepted for loss or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departures of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, wars or other causes outside the control of Íshestar. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveller. The estimated duration of tours as indicated by km or timing can change according to road or weather conditions.